Hey,

Status
Not open for further replies.

william232

Baseband Member
Hi,I Have a spare computer that i am trying to fix up for a mate of mine and gonna give it to him so he cant use it for personal use when i tried to install the latest security patches through microsoft update and tries to install it says i cant be installed it say windows xp service pack 2 cant be installed and that the product key used to install microsoft windows may not be valid for more information about why u have recieved this error message,you can take to resolve this issue visit http://www.howtotell.com any ideas on how to fix this issue.

Cheers,William

well it was already installed the os on the computer i didnt install the os it was already there sincce last year when or so when it was used.

no its the computer itself was used ages ago but had windows xp professional which came wif it when we bought the computer itself we didnt install the windows xp professional.

Did your friend activate the product when he first bought the computer? The only way I know to bypass SP2 is slipstreamming it or change the cd key.

no my friend dont own this computer i do i am giving it to him well my parents dont use it anymore but i am giving it to him for him to use. so how can i get the most up to date patch?

If you want to bypass the Windows Genuine Advantage, go to Windows Update site, now go into your internet option-Security tab, set your Internet level to High and click apply. Now select "Express" or "Custom", you should be able to bypass the check and access the update page. Now you must set your Internet level back to the original setting to be able to download the updates.

Law said:
If you want to bypass the Windows Genuine Advantage, go to Windows Update site, now go into your internet option-Security tab, set your Internet level to High and click apply. Now select "Express" or "Custom", you should be able to bypass the check and access the update page. Now you must set your Internet level back to the original setting to be able to download the updates.

Interesting. Have you done this and it works? What does it do exactly to bypass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom