Product Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greencow_555

Baseband Member
Hey folks,

I am reinstalling a computer for a friend who has very little computer knowledge. The system would not boot up due to some problem and with no documents or save games at steak I went for a full reinstall.

So I have the windows cd that came with the machine and a code on a windows sticker stuck to the back of the machine. I reinstall, and everything goes swimmingly until I repeatedly get 'PRODUCT ID NOT VALID'. The windows CD seems to definately be the one that came with the machine as it has MESH printed all over it as does the machine.

I have tried two different possible installation cd's and two different keys. Does anyone have any idea how I can go about solving this problem?

Thanks peeps,
Gaz

are you stuck at the product key screen or were you able to get to the desktop? if so download rockxp and see what key it gives you

It sounds as if the key has either hit its limits for install or has been ousted.

Are you sure that the serial is for that version of XP. Are you sure its not a Home SErial with a Pro disc? That would give that error.

Other than that i dont know. Maybe call M$ tech support and ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom