Sli!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Yo! I have read all the poop on the limited performance of SLI except at higher resolutions and I'm connvinced, now, that SLI is a significant performance boost regardles of the criticisms. I am buying a 7900gt this week and selling a couple of very slow 6800xt's! But here is the deal: 1 6800xt PCIe = 3680 3DMark05: 2 in SLI (6800xt's) = 5025 3dMark05. That is not much lower than my previously overclocked 6800gt AGP card! And a 30% +/- boost in performance in SLI. Can I expect similar bumps in performance if I were to loose my mind and buy two 7900gt's? Running a AMD 3200+ and 1 gig of ram. Or should I just bypass the 7000 series and wait for the next generation?

i would wait for the G80s, and then upgrade your video card, cpu, and get another gig of ram

another gig of ram wouldn't help that much... only in loading games but if you have the money thatd deffinatelly help.

but i agree, wait for the g80's

and cpu... i wouldn't think its that much of a bottleneck or anything, but again, it would be "nice to have"

buy an evga 7900GT for now, then when G80's come out use the step up program and get a G80.

"wait for the G80s..." *sigh* Just buy the G71 and trade it in or sell it. Technology and waiting arent best of friends.

yes..... or if your gonna stick with those scores... might as well get a 6800gs.. one good card to replace two i guess? hrmmmm i would highly recommend the 7900gt.... it will obviously more than hold you off until the g80... but you never know, it could get pushed back, so why not enjoy full quality games on high resolutions??? as for getting 2... i dont think there's a need for it (although i'm going to do it -_-), but if your greedy like me... and want really high benchmarks, then... GO FOR IT!

I totally agree with the poster above me.... you'll just keep waiting and waiting... then when the g80 comes out, people will say... no wait, they're gonna get cheaper, and not only cheaper... but they'll have better models that are cheaper... i say you DON'T wait.... cuz your only going to wait longer... and i'm sure you wanna play more of the games at better quality that are coming out... i know i love having my computer put out what an xbox 360 can... it feels good telling my friends i poop on their xbox 360.. :)

im a little offtopic here but consoles run under tv resolutions so thats why they run so smooth. Hey i can play games at <600x800 too. lol. If those pathetic consolers knew the true dominance of pcs...The keyboard mouse FPS itself an unbeatable setup.

I just bought the 7900gt from Tiger Direct...Newegg is out of stock on all 7900's and it was $321.00 shipped. !) why are these cards so much less expensive than the previous generation cards. Man, 24 piples and stock: 550/1350! I don't get it. Just last year in August I paid $360.00 for a 6800GT AGP card. ????? Anyway, I think I'm good for awhile:

Abit Kn8 SLi mobo
AMD 3200+ Venice
1 gig Kingston DDR 400 Ram
Dual 250 gig Western Digital SATA's in RAID 0
Benq DVD+/- Dual Layer DVDRW.
Soundblaster Audigy Platinum
XfX 7900gt 550/1350 256 meg.
Antec Smartpower 2.0 500wt PSU

So I suppose I should OC this system? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom