Pushing my X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
So, in the mist of my procrastination of my HW, i decided to see how far I could push my X2. Now earlyer I just kept it at 2.5, because I knew it was safe because i've seen many others ahiieve it.

Then I visited this other OC forum, and people were getting this sucker to 3.0Gghz w/ real good water cooling. But unfortunitly, I don't have that.

So I opend both windows, opend the side panel, and clipped a room fan blowing cold air right into it. Right now as i'm talking, she's running at 24C @ 1.46V 265.04x10

In BIOS, it wont let you go passed 1.5. So I think I may just keep it at 1.46 and see how far it can go, then go to 1.5 if I have to.

Now I dont think i'm going to keep it this high, ill probably just set it back down to 2.5. Since these arent everyday cirumstances.

-I wont always have the windows open
-I try and keep my panels on
-I usually dont have the fan on there
-Plus summer's fastly approaching us

Plus, I dont like having the voltage that high.

Anyone wanna take a guess on how far I can push it before it poops out?

I'm guessing ill be lucky to get it passed 267 or 268.

If its running at 24ºC, then you have ALOT of room to oc, you should stop when your idle temp gets to around 35ºC.

Idle temperature doesn't mean crap...you need to stress the core and determine your load temperature in order to determine your ceiling, but in all honesty 1.46vcore or even 1.5vcore is not very much at all

Well see the moment I started up 3DMark06 it crashed. So I set it back down to 2.62 and that's stable. See the temp thing isn't whats stoping me from going any higher, its the fact that it isn't stable. I know I could get atlesat 2.7ish without it getting too hot, but it wont boot into windows when I do do that. I'm thinking it may be the fact that the PSU is a 460W and im running all that crap on it. Or maybe the memory? And the VCore wont go passed 1.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom