TF Advanced Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll trade with you.

48+ hours a week managing a non-air-conditioned warehouse (read giant sweatbox). Not to mention having to put up with some of the guys who are sent over there to bring in/pick up stuff.

You'd have to see this place to believe it.

thanks larry alot that helped sort out our questions and answers. i was also wondering that when is saw the ad for tf2 what is the tech-careers thing about? is that part of tf2?

apokalipse said:
I think it would work best if you had a single account for both TF and TF2, but for TF2 you have to be approved.
sorta like how the mod's forum works.

I think that would be difficult to program.

i saw a friend of mine working on my lamp server. We installed drupal, a CMS and when we fogot the password for a user he just went into the SQL database in Phpmyadmin and deleted the record for the user and created a new one. You could just write and run a script to backup all the user records from one database onto another database or just config one thing of vbulletin to access only certain areas.

(read carfully, hope it's not to confuseing)

I have a suggestion,

Required rule reading to register!

To register for TF2 users should have to read the rules...

There is no way to make somebody read the rules...

But you can make them type them, (Thus forceing them to read them)

I was thinking back to how one of my friends would study for tests. He would take his notes, and copy them to another paper... (Memorizing in the process). Which made me think of a typing test I took a while back at this website: http://www.typingtest.com/ While taking the test you cannot copy and paste... (Has some kind of block, so you can only type)

Now to get to the point

When signing up users should have to read the rules,

To force them to do so, make them type them...

Using ideas from above... set up a page with the rules listed on one side and an area to type them out on the other (with the copy and paste restriction) Probably not all the rules, perhaps a summary... (This would be part of registration)

Have it set up to accept something like 10% or 20% margin of error

This would definitely discourage spammers from making accounts

I hope I composed that well enough to understand

Any thoughts?

I like it, It forces people to know the rules, stops spammers to an extent, and provides a good excuse when enforcing the rules.

i think that would put lots of people off joining who are not spammers, but just need help. i know i would probably just find another forum if i had to do that when i joined.

Why dont we just restrict people from posting a new topic. Make them have to reply to 10 posts (or some other arbitrary number) before they can post their own topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom