will the games of today work w/ windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
will they work. how will vista make them run better. aslo is there a price on vista. also what is the minimum graphics card required to run vista. i have a 6600 gt 128, but plan on getting a 7800 gt.

im guessing hte 7900 series or the G8s went they come out. From what i hear Vista is a waste of money, ram, and time. People refer to it as a "prison", and i dont think its worth going to all that trouble just for an operating system that has a lil more security. If you have a Windows XP and you no wat ur doing there is no need for all that extra stuff.

Wow, that's waaaaaay off the mark according to Microsoft:

512 megabytes (MB) or more of RAM
A dedicated graphics card with DirectX® 9.0 support
A modern, Intel Pentium- or AMD Athlon-based PC.

They won't have specifics out until this summer at the earliest.

It will be a waste of time and money when it first comes out if you use the computer for gaming, unless you get a G80/R600. It's going to have bugs like any other OS and it won't give you any real advantage untill more software comes out. It's just going to hog up more RAM. XP is fine for gaming until Vista starts to mature and you have the hardware for it. By the time the second generation of DX10 cards Vista should be fixed up and with more software. It already quadriples the requirements of XP which was 128 minimum 256 rec, and Vista is 512 minimum 1GB rec.

my friend has vista, and some other forums i heard that to run vista like you would run xp on 1gb of ram, you would need like 2 gigs.

he's probably talking about the Beta.

I have the Beta and I was not impressed. My puter isn't the fastest ever but it's certainly not slow and it doesn't run very well. Not to mention I couldn't find drivers for a lot of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom