Harddisk space

Status
Not open for further replies.

J20

Solid State Member
I got 3 harddrives and my two slaves is connected to my Ultra100 Controller. One is a 160gb-WD but shows up 149.5gb, the other is a 200gb-WD but shows up 128gb.

Can someone tell me how my 200gb harddisk took a huge drop on gbs.? I'm using XP Prof. 2002 SP1

J20 said:
I got 3 harddrives and my two slaves is connected to my Ultra100 Controller. One is a 160gb-WD but shows up 149.5gb, the other is a 200gb-WD but shows up 128gb.

Can someone tell me how my 200gb harddisk took a huge drop on gbs.? I'm using XP Prof. 2002 SP1

Yes read my other post.A 20 gb hd will [read as less than GB's,
as ikb=1024.So don't sweat it.
:eek:

J20 your 160GB is not missing any space, but your 200GB disk is obviously missing a large chunk. open a run box and type in "diskmgmt.msc". this is disk management. please tell me what is the total capacity winxp reports your 200GB disk as being. do you also see any free space? if you have free space that means parts of the 200GB are not allocated to any partitions.

The total is 128 and I did have some free space before I used it but since I used it I don't know the exact amount. Its formatted NTFS

NTFS is the best way go to go on formats, unless you are using win98 or below... You are kinda stuck with FAT32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom