Lightning nearly struck house, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splitfirekx

Beta member
Well, I woke up this morning and the computer was off (normally on 24 hours). Now its been acting up, my main hard drive which is an SATA and also my other which is on IDE slot 1 both have installs of Windows on them... when booting up I choose which one I want, and now whenever I choose the SATA drive it gives an error saying something like it can not read from the drive and that I may need to check my boot configurations blah blah... however when I'm in windows with the IDE drive, I can access the SATA drive from there no problem. What is going on??

I think I tried that, but the CD didn't recognize any installs or something... and it said to hit a certain key if I need to install a driver for a non-ide drive or something, but I didn't have a floppy disk to put in

not necessarily , it can also be downloaded from the mobo manufacturer site and also some mobos come with a sata floppy

yeah i tought that was obvious :) , i was just sayin that there are other ways to obtain it

You may not have damaged anything, but as the Lightning came down, it creates one helll of a magnetic field, and may have slightly munched some af the data, just do a rebuild of windows after backing up, and it should fix that, other than that you may have fried part of the motherboard? Although i doubt it, UPS are good, but expensive!

apokalipse said:
you need your motherboard's disc, which should have SATA drivers
I did this when I loaded Windows on this drive about a month ago, also I have no floppy drive on this PC anyway. Could it be something else or is there another to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom