AMD Dual core Vs. Intel Dual cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
maroon1 said:
core due is available just for laptops, not desktop
Nope, there are a few motherboards available for PC Desktop. Core Duo is essentially just a dual core Pentium M. Probably one of the best performing CPUs out right now clock for clock.

I found it odd that the $350 3800 beats intels $800 dual core processor in many apps, including gaming, and it is almost $500 less and you can overclock the crap out of it too.

macdawg said:
I found it odd that the $350 3800 beats intels $800 dual core processor in many apps, including gaming, and it is almost $500 less and you can overclock the crap out of it too.
Why do you think so many people have AMD in their sigs here? lol

yeah, and anyone that does come to this forum ( or most ppl ) and want to get an intel, leave with the urge to get AMD. its just that much better.............for now............

i would agree... i plan to have my next system overhaul in 08 after the quad core's come out and i think by then AMD will have moved to DDR3 (heard it somewhere... not sure if it's true) and all of this hardcore socket switching will settle down a little bit. It almost seems like AMD is pulling an Intel by introducing a socket and cutting it out or ignoring it so fast (754). Infact i even told my friend that it was going to die soon and is almost dead (this was about 7 months ago) and he still grabbed a 754, agp, etc etc and spent about 1k US! It seems like it was only a little bit ago it came out.

Anyways, i think a lot of ppl are going to stick with AMD anyways because of their reputation, and the fact that it will soon be doing some intense evolving and such... but when doesnt technology do that to you..?

btw - i bought that mag at the airport when i was waiting for my plane :p.

they are also in PCs i think, im not sure of the name but its one of the moderately expensive dells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom