Two Questions: Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. I need two more components to complete my gaming rig.

1.) eVGA 7900GTX 512MB or Dual 7900GT's for ASUS A8N32?

2.) WD carviar 320G 16 cache SATAII or WD Raptor 150G 10K rpm's?

That's it. Which components should I get?

i think from the benchmarks, its better to sli the GT than 2 get 1 gtx. But im not as smart as everyone else here. so wait for other ppl to say something.

oh and about the HD, im not sure about the SATA2 part, but i think, depending on the rpm of the first one, its better 2 with a slower one, because the faster the more heat right? but if heats not a problem for you, then go for it. But then theres another factor, would u sacrifice more than half the storage for a few milliseconds faster hard drive?

I'd prefer 2 7900 gt's in SLI, and the WD 320 GB harddrive. I dont see the raptors being that much faster - charlie

I'm kinda asking the same question. I decided to go with one gtx for now and SLI them when the price comes down. I figure with the new stuff coming out soon, this rig may as well have the best possible while the gettings good. LOL

i dun think the price is gonna go down that much, since it just came out, and not a lot of ppl will be buying the first generation G8 series, unless dey dunno anything cause der will most likely be bugs, and the 7900GTXs will remain at approx that price cause most ppl will still be buying those.

in terms of the raptor - get it! even though it advertises a slightly lower read, write, access time, when it comes down to it, the hdd is what u wait for. Also, take the access time and multiply it by 3 and thats the REAL access time with a few huge files on it and such. What may seem like a fraction of a second is an eternaty in a computer... I don't know how you can have a hard drive full that is 150gb's... i have the complete simpsons and family guy seasons (358 simpsons and i think 50-ish tracey ullman shorts; 70 family guy) as well as nearly 6000 mpeg layer-3 audio files (mp3), with 13gb's of programs (in the program files folder) and 10gb's of files such as itunes setup, 3dmark06 setup, etc. this isn't even including all of my misc files such as the drivers, my programming files (partially built operating system im making, c++ files, php, python, 100 web pages, and so on..).

Anyways... go for the 2 7800's for better performance, but the 7900 will be cheaper. and i would TOTALLY recommend the raptor

tommyboy123x said:
Anyways... go for the 2 7800's for better performance, but the 7900 will be cheaper. and i would TOTALLY recommend the raptor

Its out of 2*7900gt's or 1*7900Gtx.

Also i recommend the raptor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom