brand new computer fan problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojsearch

Beta member
ok i just bought a new computer from HP, with 1 gig ram, 160 gig HD, Sound Blaster Audigy 4 sound card, Nvidia geforce 6200se (soon to be upgraded to ati x850 XT) and an AMD 3800+ with windows xp. The computer works great but whenever i play a game, the cpu fan speed seems to shoot up to its absolute highest and gets rather loud. I dont know how to change the fan speed or why it is so loud. Could it just be a crappy fan? Or is the power source not adequate? It has a 350w power source. One other possibility i was thinking about was that maybe since i just bought a shitty graphics card for the meanwhile, maybe the processor has to run faster to make up for the weak card, causing the fan to speed up. Can anyone help me out with some suggestions?

Well, the fan probably isn't the best, but it speeds up to keep the CPU cooler. When the CPU is under a heavy load, it get hot, very hot, and the CPU fan does all it can to keep it cool. There is really nothing you can do to stop it from spinning as fast without buying a new Heatsink/fan.

do u think its probably under an intense load because it has to do more work because my graphics card isnt very good? cuz im hoping once i get my new ati x850 that the fan on the card coupled with the cpu fan and the power source fan will keep the system cool enough so that the cpu fan wont have to run so loud

i dont think so. when you have the new card, you will slam the resolution and settings right up, so the load on the cpu wont change. if you are really concerned about sound, investigate an aftermarket cooler. i dont bother, i just turn the volume up... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom