multiple monitors in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpolefoder

Solid State Member
hey, ive got a vintage micron xku 333 (check the sig) with a voodoo3 3000 which works perfectly. i tried to install another pci video card from compusa (ati 8mb 262242). i installed the card, installed the drivers, but when i went to display options in xp, only the voodoo 3 showed up. in the device manager it says its working fine, but it just won't work or show up in the display controls...
any ideas?

-jut

I dont think that your computer supports 2 graphics cards. Don't you need a SLI or Crossfire motherboard and cards? - Charlie

Yea, that mobo isn't made for dual graphics cards. Plus he's mixing ATI and nvidia.

I wont be an a-hole and call him a x00b.

kidding kidding

but you cant run two vid cards w/ that mobo, sorry bud.

Plus even if you did have SLI or Crossfire, you have to use identical vid cards.

i was under the impression you could have as many pci gfx cards as you can fit as well as your pci-e/agp card?????

Sorry to break it to you, but your going to need to upgrade your graphics card to get 2 monitors. Those seem like pretty old cards. - charlie

Yeah, to be honest, i'm not really that much of a xoob. but crossfire and sli is for two video cards with one monitor, hence in a sense halfing the work a card has to process. what i'm interested in is just using 2 video cards and 2 monitors. it should work; there are tutorials on the windows site that explain how to do it and say nothing about them having to be the same brand, and actually almost promote mixing PCI(radeon) with AGP (voodoo3)

Wow, well ya put me in my place haha.

I can honestly say i've never heard anything like this. The only thing I can think of is using one video with two outputs.

How would your computer render games then? Two video cards with each their own output to two seperate monitors? I don't see how this is possible. If you can find the link to those tutorials place post them i'd really like to read more about it.

well, the game is only displayed on one monitor, sameas when using a dual headed card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom