can u do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
is there any way u can get a turnado fan( 80mm ) on a stock heatsink of a amd xp? no? then whats the best fan, that push the most air, that can fit on the stock heatsink

Most "good" fans come with heatsinks anyway. Just get a fan that comes with a heatsink.

well the heat sink matters as well cause of the size and the type of metal used, mine is an everclear copper 70 mm, copper is better than the stock aluminum.

Case fans are mainly there to be the Case Temp down. It does effect the CPU temp to some degree, but not by much.

If you want to keep your CPU temp down, then get yourself a good heat sink.

I am currently kicking a Thermaltake Volcano 11+ with an adjustable fan speed controller.

How ever, there is nothing stopping you from slapping on a 120 mm fan on the side of your case (some thing my sister's BF did on his computer)

When it comes down to case fan, I tend to put some sort of filter on all the inward blowing fans to keep the dust out.
If you are trying to work out what you can use for a filter, then I can suggest that you can use some of the phome padding that comes with your motherboard box. It will reduce the dust, but it will let the air do through. Although it not that nice to look at if you have clear see through panel. (But then again I have a bit of bias against those sort of mods.)

i would definately consider a CoolerMaster Aero Fan and heatsink . There newest desighn incorporates both a copper base heatsink with aluminum fins . But the biggest factor is the ability of the blower to cool not only the entire heatsink but the core of the CPU .No matter how you look at it the standard square caged fans miss the target(heart) of the CPU.
My own experience was a 10 degree heat drop across the board when i went from a stock heatsink and fan to the Aero 4 desighn
gota love that :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom