Help with choosing a good antivirus program.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

f8lpony

Solid State Member
all i know, is Norton and McAffee, what do you guys/gals have? ya think it is good to dl it from a website................?

My personal favorites are:

NOD32, AVG, Avast, antivir , kaspersky personal edition

Norton isnt good in my opinion just from personal use just took too long loading my windows. isnt Mcafee the one who deleted excel.exe ? lol

Also I hear that symantic corporate edtion 10 is good but only around these forums :)

We run SAV corp 10 for a couple of hundred offices that my company supports... i still come home to my free avg every night. I have put free a/v's on side job computers and they come back a week later reinfected, at which point i make them buy software, so i guess it just depends on your experience level~

Well for those of you that use McAffee should consider that it is full of problems.

CNet shows that an update will remove Excel among other apps. Hows that for a antivirus app?

But i have to say that Avast! and NOD32 have been the best for me.

Never heard of Mc Affee deleting a software application when updating. Of course I do not use Excel, nor wood I ever use a Microsoft program beyond the OS. I use Open Office. What other Mc Affee problems have forum members run into? I converted from Symantec approximatly three months ago. Symantec almost destroyed my PC.

joexoxeoj said:
We run SAV corp 10 for a couple of hundred offices that my company supports... i still come home to my free avg every night. I have put free a/v's on side job computers and they come back a week later reinfected, at which point i make them buy software, so i guess it just depends on your experience level~

Norton and symantec is the same company. I know for a fact the Norton just straight up point blank flat out misses viruses. plus they only updates once a week and they don't do heuristics (ability to detect unknown virus or virus like activity), so if a disaster virus comes on Tuesday and it updates on Friday, you are screwed.

there are at least five good a/v out there. symantec isn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom