Application error

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebleakness

Banned
Recently when i was trying to open the help file in cs2, this error message popped up:
error.jpg

What does this mean? Ive tried re-installing cs2 but that doesnt help. Help would be appreciated. ;) Thanks

It looks like it is having problems writting data to that specific part of your RAM. Maybe do a Memtest86 to be sure.

Error "...topic...applies to a CS2 product you have not installed" or missing content (Help Center)

Issue

Adobe Help Center is missing content or returns the error, "The topic you want to view applies to a CS2 product you have not installed."

Solutions

Do one or more of the following solutions:

Solution 1: Verify that the Help content files exist, then delete the Adobe Help Center database and cache files.

1. Verify that the Help content file package for your application is present in the following location:

-- On Windows: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/AdobeHelpData/Packages

-- On Mac OS: Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeHelpData/ Packages

Following are the names of the Help content file packages:

-- Acrobat_7.0_en-us.zip

-- GoLive_8.0_en-us.zip

-- Illustrator_12.0_en-us.zip

-- InCopy_4.0_en-us.zip

-- InDesign_4.0_en-us.zip

-- Photoshop_9.0_en-us.zip

Note: If the Help content file for your application is not present (Windows only), please go to Solution 2.

2. Delete the contents of the Cache folder (not the folder itself) in the following location:

-- On Windows: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/AdobeHelpData

-- On Mac OS: Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeHelpData

3. Delete the adobeassistance folder in the following location:

-- On Windows: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/AdobeHelpData/Database

-- On Mac OS: Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeHelpData/Database.

4. Manually launch the Adobe Help Center:

-- On Windows: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/ahc.exe

-- On Mac OS: Application/Adobe Help Center

Solution 2: Copy the appropriate Help package to the Help Center's package folder. (Windows only)

Copy the Help package for the application that is missing Help content to the package folder for the Help Center.

1. Navigate to the root folder of the application.

2. Copy the Help package (ZIP) for the application:

-- Acrobat_7.0_en-us.zip

-- GoLive_8.0_en-us.zip

-- Illustrator_12.0_en-us.zip

-- InDesign_4.0_en-us.zip

-- Photoshop_9.0_en-us.zip

The CreativeSuite_2.0_en-us.zip file contains help content for Adobe Version Cue, color management, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Stock Photo, keyboard shortcuts, and other topics.

Note: If the Help package is not in the application folder, go to Solution 3.

3. Paste the Help package to the package folder in Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/AdobeHelpData.

4. Manually launch the Adobe Help Center: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/ahc.exe

Solution 3: Download the appropriate Help package from adobe.com and save it to the Help Center's package folder. (Windows only)

1. Download the Help content for your application from the following location:

-- For GoLive_8.0_en-us.zip: www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=26&platform=Windows

-- For Illustrator_12.0_en-us.zip: www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=27&platform=Windows

-- For InCopy_4.0_en-us.zip: www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=30&platform=Windows

-- For InDesign_4.0_en-us.zip: www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=31&platform=Windows

-- For Photoshop_9.0_en-us.zip: www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

2. Save the Help package to the package folder in Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/AdobeHelpData.

3. Manually launch the Adobe Help Center:

Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/ahc.exe

Solution 4: Reinstall the application. (Mac only)

Remove and then reinstall the application that is missing Help content.

Background information

If the Adobe Help Center database or cache files become corrupt, Help content may not be available for specific Adobe applications.

The Help Center package folder must contain the zipped Help package for an installed application; otherwise, that application won't appear in the Help For menu.

If you installed Photoshop Elements 4.0 or Premiere Elements 2.0 prior to installing a CS2 application, the Help package of the CS2 application won't be installed and must be downloaded from the Adobe website.

I completly deleted all the files after i uninstalled cs2 when i first got the message. I then re-downloaded cs2 and installe that one. Why would i be missing the files when it had worked before after i had downloaded it? Should i make a new hijackthis log just in case it is a trojan? Thanks for the help, i appreciate it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom