DVD Burning Software and DVD CDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. tech

In Runtime
I've got about 4.4GB worth of AVI files which I want to burn onto a DVD. I want this DVD to play in a DVD player... I also want to have chapters... So when I press skip scene it will play the next AVI file on the DVD...

What software would I use to burn?
What type of DVD would I burn onto?
How big should the DVD CD be?

I'm pretty new with all this... Thanks for your input

Well i have done this with Nero 7 recently. I burned about 100 episodes that i had on my HDD.

I have menus that are animated with music. It has chapters. The whole shot.

So i would suggest Nero 7. I use Ultra Edition i dont know if it works with the others or not since i have Ultra.
I burned mine onto a DVD+R and it works just fine with my DVD players that i have tried it with.
I have gotten up to 13-30minute episodes on 1 disc. It did compress them a bit. But if you leave it at file size you will get about 5 or so 30minutes episodes on a disc.

You actually have to have some DVD Authoring software to compile the DVD and its needed files. The video files must be a format that is supported by DVD either MPEG-1 or MPEG-2. I usually convert all my videos that I wish to compile to MPEG-1 to make the DVD compileation go smoothly.

Once you have the prepped files I use a program called TMPGenc DVD Author that lets me build the chapters, menus, etc etc..very user friendly. Then when you done it creates the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders with all the DVD video files you will need to burn the DVD and make it playable on a home DVD player. You can also use this program to burn the DVD or you can use another such as Nero.

Ineteresting Mak I didnt know Nero had this capability...I have to look at this now :) I to have Nero 7 Premium..not sure if this is higher or lower than Ultra?

I think Nero 7 Ultra is the highest. but i have done it with over 10 GB of stuff. Not pr0n either but some old Transformers episodes i had. When i put it in for a disc copy it doesnt get recognized as a DVD Movie. But it plays like that.

I use 4.5GB for my DVD's. I do have a DL Burner which can hold 9GB but i dont have any blanks of those available. So i just use the regular single layer discs.

My mum bought some DVD cds... It says on the front

DVD-R
DVD Recordable/DVD inscriptable
1-16x Speed
4.7GB Single Sided

Do you think that will work? The guy at the shop said DVD+R will only work on cheap DVD players not the DVD-R...

What do you think? Will it work? I onyl have a cheapo DVD players...

Win2kpatcher said:
Ineteresting Mak I didnt know Nero had this capability...I have to look at this now :) I to have Nero 7 Premium..not sure if this is higher or lower than Ultra?

Premium, Ultra. potato, potaato. they are the same program.
use recode or the nero vision part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom