X2 4800+ OC Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ram fails at test 6 at stock speeds as well in memtest-86.

However, my system runs fine playing very demanding games and other programs. Never have any problems with crashing.

I am not sure what to think. Do I have faulty ram or is memtest screwed up?? Maybe I am not setting memtest properly.

When using memtest do I just let it load from the boot disk and start? Are there certain parametes that need to be set?

Memtest-86 does not support my chipset, would this possibly cause the errors in test 6??

I figured out why the memory was not passing memtest86+. The Legacy USB was causing the errors, after disableing the legacy USB in the bios and retesting the memory passed 2 times through memtest.

So now I will continue to proceed trying to get beyond the 2.8GHz speed.

what voltage are you running at? cuz my 4400 is barely stable at 2.53 with 1.5 volts. are you above that?

I put all timings and frequencies currently back to original settings but now that I found my problem, I will try and go Higher.

I had Vcore set at 1.45V at 2.8GHz but was having Ram stability problems due to the legacy USB. Try disableing the Legacy USB and see what happens.

wow i missed this whole thread....u have almost same components as mine.
x2 4800+ @2.8ghz, DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
ZALMAN 9500, X-Fi XtremeMusic
OCZ Titanium 2x1GB, OCZ Powerstream 600W PSU

prime95, cpu-z:

3dmark06

cpu voltage is set high at 1.6. no ram divider but lowered timings to 3-3-3-8 from 2.5-3-2-5. not much loss in read or write speed (tested in everest). i want to try lowering voltage a little but keep the same OC...or push more but keep it at 1.6v at max. but i've been too busy to play around...:sigh: cpu stays always cool and nice. i have to somehow figure out way to cool down the other parts. in bios its 12x234, x4multi.

when messing around with memory timings, the higher the number the slower memory becomes, correct?

I am asking because boomstick666 said he lowered timings but actually increased the numbers.

WWS said:
when messing around with memory timings, the higher the number the slower memory becomes, correct?

I am asking because boomstick666 said he lowered timings but actually increased the numbers.
yes the less number is faster. so i should have said ive loosen the mem timings.

when overclocking should I

1. Change the LTD linkwidth to 16 up and down?

2. Set the SB to NB frequency multipier the same as the LTD multiplier?

3. Set the SB to NB frequency the same as the FSB frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom