Final review before purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh87

Solid State Member
Alright. So after getting some more info and doing some more research these are the final specs of what i want to build. Please let me know what you think and if there are any additional things i need to get like thermal paste or tools or anything like that. This is my first build. Also, are there any good sites that have step by step instructions on building a comp. Preferably one with pics. Thanks alot!

Cpu: Athlon x2 4800+

MB: ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe Socket 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon XPRESS 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard

Case: Thermaltake Armor VA8000SWA Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower

optical: NEC Black IDE 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Model ND-3550A

HD: Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150

RAM: OCZ Titanium 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System

PSU: ENERMAX Liberty ELT620AWT ATX12V 620W ( Is this good for the x1900xt? I cant tell if it has 30 amps on the 12volt rail please let me know and if it doesnt please suggest a 600+ watt PSU that does)

Video: SAPPHIRE 100149 Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - OEM ( is this one good or is there a better brand for this card??)

Sound card: I already have it at home
This computer will be used for music production/recording but i will also be playing games with it. Thank you again and please let me know.

Go with a DFI Lanparty or MSI K8n motherboard.

Not familiar with ATi branded cards as I use NVidia cards.

Other than that, looks good.

Good video card, go with Sapphire (Nvidia's version of eVGA) or ATI if you can't find any Sapphire's.

Nice CPU, although an Opteron 165 has better OC ability and is cheaper and could reach that speed for a whole lot less.

I don't like Enermax, I'd stick with PC Power & Cooling, OCZ or Antec for PSU's. Preferable with dual 12v rails and of at least 30 amps (28 might be okay too), and a wattage of at least 550 or 600.

Lol, with that setup you better be gaming :p

i have a questoin about why you have such a powerful PSU, yo needs more than 600Watts? eer, what r u using it for?

And nice build btw.

Well if you decide to go with two video cards don't get Crossfire, SLI kicks the crap out of it. But if you plan on sticking with a single card you can either go with X1900XT (Sapphire or ATI) or the 7900GTX (evga, leadtek, BFG). Personally I like the X1900XT over the 7900GTX because of HDR with AA and HQAF (looks wonderful in BF2).

X1900XT = 7900GTX (the 7900GTX performs slightly better in a lot of cases but only by a little bit and I think the X1900XT's features well make up for the lost fps)
SLI > Crossfire

Just make sure you go with Sapphire or ATI if you get the X1900XT. Evga, BFG, Leadtek are ideal for the Nvidia cards.

Thank you so much for all the replies. I plan on only sticking with 1 video card because i plan on getting 2nd gen dx10 cards when they come out so cf would be a waste. As for the PSU I dont really know if i even need the 600 all i want is enough to power the machine and one that has 30 amps and a 12v rail as the requirments for the x1900xt says. And for the CPU i dont plan on overclocking so i want the best i can get withought spending a !@#$% load of money. I orgianlly wanted the fx60 but i think the 4800 would be a better choice money wise. So thank you again for all of you opinions but now all i ask is if there are any other tools i would need (thermal paste etc...) and if there are any good building websites?? thanks again

which would be the better choice .PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI-PFC 510W Power Supply or the OCZ PowerStream Power Supply (SLI Ready) 520W. Thanks

welli dont know the better choice, but since OCZ has 520W, and the OCZ is well.....OCZ, i would go with the OCZ, eer rather, i AM going with the OCZ myself, and i have also read good reviews about it. plus it has 2 fans, and its "Ultra Quiet". lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom