It's time to cool........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
It's time to get better cooling for my CPU. If my nvidia temp monitor is right, my cpu temp is right now at 52 degrees celsius and Im doing nothing, but surfing the net.

So, with that said, what do you think about this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106061

Will that work well with my comp? Should bring my temps down nicely, right?

If not this one, what do you guys suggest?

*edit*

I realized Ive also NEVER put one of these things on myself. LOL Could someone explaine the process to me, plz? That fan and heatsink seems intimidating to me. LOL

Well I dunno bout that. They are both very close in performance though. Still heatsinks without fans are better. Like the scythe ninja or the xp120.

i have the typhoon right now and all i have to say is wow. its big but its a cooling beast my load temps never 40 C and im sitting at 30 C right now. If something can outperform this I would like to see it.

While we are on this subject, would water cooling give me any cooler temps or am I expecting too much from a WC setup?

Well, the more I look into the typhoon the more it scares the poo out of me. LOL There's NO WAY I'm gonna attempt to install it myself. Anything out there work almost as well, but without as much intrusive work?

I don't know much about which after-marketing solutions, but I can tell you my Apple Powerbook PPC G4 1.0ghz CPU runs at 65ºC at max, and it's never failed or anything like that.

Brtnboarder495 said:
I don't know much about which after-marketing solutions, but I can tell you my Apple Powerbook PPC G4 1.0ghz CPU runs at 65ºC at max, and it's never failed or anything like that.

Yeah, I've been told that my FX-55(Clawhammer) should be expected to run hotter than most, but still......................52 degrees at idle seems abit much. We'll see though. Thanks for the help guys.

Apple says my CPU should run at 50ºC at a max, I wonder if I told them that it's running at 65ºC they would supply me with a new Powerbook :p

(just joking, but stuff like that is rediculous).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom