ATI Response To Quad-SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Well when nvidia came out with SLI, ATI answered with crossfire.

Now that nvidia's Quad-SLI is out, I was curious if anyone knows if ATi has any plans to compete with Quad-SLI?

QUADFIRE..lol

Yeah considering the amount of users who will buy into Quad-SLI is extremely small. Barely anyone will be actually utilizing it, the same with regular SLi today.

Gigabyte also has their own Quad SLI solution motherboard.

I'm (hoping) ATi is busy making a video card that will actually accomplish something more then quad sli.

ATI doesn't need a response to quad-SLI. I doubt anyone here knows even a single person who is considring this technology. It's a supreme waste of money.

There is really no need to respond to it, very very few people will ever get it.

003 said:
There is really no need to respond to it, very very few people will ever get it.

And those very very few people will not know what they're wasting their money on

question: scince you can do quad sli can you do tri-SLI?

hrmmm.... something i may consider if i have alot of money.. with the geforce 8, along with that 30 inch dell monster monitor.. now that just be insane.. although i know not many games would ever support quad sli, i guess its nice to just say... i have the money!

Graphic cards with dual gpus would be a cool thing. I know asus has that card with dual 7800gt chips in one card, but it is insanely expensive and doesnt perform as good as 2 7800gt's in sli.

I would like to see things like a graphcics card with dual x1900 chips or dual 7900gtx chips in one card that performs just as good if not better than two seperate cards with one chip each in sli or crossfire.

That could be something ATI could do. Or even nVidia... idont care which company.

We have dual core cpus and now its time for for dual core video cards!

Quad SLI will cost you $2000 at a minium. The GPU's run $800 a piece at a minimum(you need two, they're dual core) and then the PSU needs to be at least of 850watts and very solid, that's $300 if your lucky, more like $400. Then you need the best CPU to kill off any chances of bottlenecking, so that's $900 at a mimimum, either an FX or EE. Then you need 2x1Gb of fast memory again to prevent bottlenecking and to be prepared for newer games. That's most likely $300 at a minimum for good memory with low timings.

Hmm that's around $3000-$3500 and excludes the motherboard, sound card, case, aftermarketing cooling, hard drive(s), monitor ... ect.

ATI does have a plan to respond to Quad-SLI, I read it somewhere. But I don't expect it to come to close to Quad-SLI's performance.

But realistically, a single 7900GT, X1900XT, 7900GTX or 7900GTX will take any game up to 1600x1200 with great graphic quality. SLI isn't worth it yet, unless your running monitors that use resolutions greater than that, with loads of AF and AA enabled on multiple monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom