How To Sleeve Your Cables And Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
turboFX55 does one Vantec Wire Sleeving Kit provide enough to cover about every wire? Or should I get 2 kits? Because I'm gonna do a Clear acrylic case so I need to cover about every wire.

buy 2, i have found that one will work but it starts to run out and if you can get more heat shrink tubing, that is what they give the least of.

wagner heat gun (for paint removal @ walmart for 20 bucks) works good, anyone want to suggest a molex pin remover?

EDIT: i pulled apart my case last night and after 20 minutes of trying to thread my molex connectors through the wires i gave up. then read there is a remover for the connectors wtf!? haha kind of discouraged thought it would take about 2 hrs to do the whole case ... not the case. Also found that shrink tubing didnt shrink as small as it needed to, to stay snug on the wires but after doing my 2 hd wires (i think sata anyways the same one as the picture of turbofx...) they came out pretty good, the post your wire management thread was inspiring but after attempting at this rather discouraging... haha

well if its your first attempt, it is a bit hard, my sata cables are the best i think, as for the rest or the case you need some tools LIKE PIN EXTRACTORS to remove the molex plugs for the main cables of the power supply, as soon as i get all the pictures done of mine then i will redo the guide. also rule of thumb for heat shrink is, it shrinks to about 50% of the stock width. that is why i did the sata cables in the guide to give people a chance to do it on something easy, also another thing that is easy is the fan wires that connect to the mobo via 3 pin connector, there small enough to work with and easy to get the pins out using an x-acto knife if needed.

very nice... i tried to use my DFI sleeving stuff that came with my MOBO but it didnt come with any shrink wrap!

sleeving is sooooo worth the time and effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom