question about...(pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I am wondering what this is, because it came with my case, and where do I connect it. I also have a question about my mobo. My mobo is an old one...made by Asus (P4B266-LM). I tried looking in their site for a manual but they don't have the specific two letters at the end. On my mobo there are two ATX12Vs. One says ATX12V and the other says ATX12VV. My old power supply was connected to the one that said ATX12VV. I bought a new power supply recently and should I connect to the ATX12VV or the other one.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 89
That's one of those little speakers that gives you beep codes. It's not necessary. I always unplug mine unless there is a problem. It plugs in down near your power lights, hdd lights, and whatnot are.

Ryan

your Motherboard must have 2 12v working as same, as one must be square,(behind Audio Connectors) and the other one looked like the Molex Connector that will be just beside your main powersupply, looking like hard drive/ cd connector.

when this motherboard came out, there werent many power supplies with 12V+ square connector, so this molex connector (auxillary) was given as to support older PSU's as well, so to provide sufficent power to the CPU.

so it will not matter where you put in your 12v rail. both will work fine. but remember to insert in ANY ONE of them at a time, and not in both.

though recommended is SQUARE. and not Molex.

and about this picture --- you can attach a BULB at the end - HAHAHHAAHA. (this is for speakers, as told earlier by our user)

I have another question, I just finished transfering my parts into the new case, but when I started it up it said "Hardware Monitor Error found." So it told me to go to the power setup, but I didn't know what to do. Right now my computer runs fine, but everything lags. I guess its because of that hardware monitor error. But I checked everything is properly connected.

OK, I just noticed something about the graphic card, I noticed the fan in the heatsink is not moving..it also has a DVI connector at the back, I'm using the VGA connector. But in the box it came with something that looks like VGA in and out is the DVI. Could that be the problem?

the adapter is just if u want to use 2 vga monitors. If the fan is not spinning, the card is not getting enough power and is running slow, or the card is getting too hot and running slow, or a combo of the 2

Its taht intel tahts makin your pc run slow :p jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom