Game Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GazaPP

Beta member
Hello all, Im new to the site and have come here for advice as it was recomended to me by a friend. Basically its a prob with my game medal of honour allied assult. Recently i downloaded a no cd crack which came with the file 'mohaafilt.reg'(i mention this cuz i think its the cause of the prob) and a mohaa.exe. I went to uninstall the game so i could reinstall it again. However when i came to do this it would not uninstall. So i deleted all the files in prog files and tryed to remove it with add remove programs. However it would not come off the add remove list and as id already deleted the files i cannot play mohaa ne more!:( I have tryed deleting mohaa from the registary, and using advanced system optimiser to remove it, with no luck(it doesnt appear on the uninstall list in aso, only on add remove program list). When i try to uninstall from disk it just goes to end of the process and says 'Modification complete'. Any suggestions guys, my mohaa widthdrawal symptoms are getting worse by the day? Thx for listening, GazaPP

i would use daemon toolz or alcohol 120% for their virtual cdrom functions instead of no cd cracks.

you can try deleteing your user profile located in docs and settings. backup my docs and desktop icons first.

otherwise id prolly rebuild the box.

Well unfortunatley using a no cd crack is considered warez.

But the chance you took by using it you paid the price. IT corrupted your system. Maybe CCleaner or another Registry Cleaner can help. But i doubt it. I would say that you are most likely gonna have to format and reinstall.

Cheers for the advice guys but ive just found a way round it... U have to delete a registary key. Ill give exact instructions in a while so people who have the same problem will know. Thx again gaz.

Ok for those who are having same problem as i did with mohaa(see 1st post) this is what u do;

1. Load the registry editor. Go to Start -> Run -> type in "regedit" (without the quotes).

2. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE by clicking on the plus next to it.

3. Expand Software by clicking on the plus next to it.

4. Expand Microsoft by clicking on the plus next to it.

5. Expand Windows by clicking on the plus next to it.

6. Expand CurrentVersion by clicking on the plus next to it.

7. Expand Uninstall by clicking on the plus next to it.

8. Click on {0DEA94ED-915A-4834-A87E-388D012C8E02} one time so that it is highlighted and then press the delete key on your keyboard. When asked if you are sure you would like to delete this file select Yes.
Thnx 2 cookie from mpc for sorting this out 4 me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom