pentium 4 3.0E processor comments?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nissanspecv04

In Runtime
Well my friend just recieved the Pentium 4 socket 478 3.0E processor with 1MB cache and before he could use it his mobo dies. He wants to sell it for only 130, since he is fed up with computers. >< Think I should get it? I was planning on upgraduing soon to amd 64 but when I do that I also want to go the pci-xpress route again. I have a 2.6GHz p4 now but only 512k cache and is 1.3 micron instead of 90 and sse2 instructions instead of also having sse3. Guess im just curious if you guys here think I will see some close performance to an AMD 64 3200 venice. I like the 1MB cache and think that will help me out a lot. Thanx for any advice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116171

thats the one he just recieved but its never been out of the box.

o of course not, I know the 3200 will win, was just curious if I would see enough of an imporvement with it to put off the amd 64 for a little while longer

Don't know, never owned one. But I guess you will surely notice a difference but don't know if it's worth it. If you don't have a better use for the money you should ask him to sell it for 115 or so :)
Make sure it is the same socket.

i'm pretty sure thats the same processor my school uses in their dells... and that is a pretty nice processor, it ate up doom, if it wasnt for the onboard video, it would have done so much better, i say you go for it, thats an awesome price he's giving you, i guess it could be a nice way to hold you off for conroe or am2 if you really want to start building

Buy it for the sake of buying it... I would. It's a good processor to make any build around, whether or not it's your 'personal' good build.

Ryan

NosBoost300 said:
i'm pretty sure thats the same processor my school uses in their dells... and that is a pretty nice processor, it ate up doom, if it wasnt for the onboard video, it would have done so much better, i say you go for it, thats an awesome price he's giving you, i guess it could be a nice way to hold you off for conroe or am2 if you really want to start building

dang we got 2.2 p4's in our crappy IBMs. Lucky. lol

well, even when you get a new computer, it can be used in an old one, as a file server etc. i would go for it.

I would get the 3.0 800fsb. You will see a difference. I would also overclock it to at least 3.2-3.4ghz to make it 100% worth the $130.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom