computer restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
can anyone help me my computer just restarts by itself i dont know why and when it restarts in windows an error message comes up saying your computer has recovered from a serious error

have you looked at the sticky on random reboots at the top of this page? research helps. well it should be a software issue, i'm guessing perhaps something running in the background :/ try running msconfig (open start menu, click run and type "msconfig" without the quote marks) and choose diagnostic startup. tell me if it still crashes with diagnostic startup selected

you havnt provided enough details , what do you usally do before it happens? , goto this folder c:\windows\minidump and rar/zip all the files in it and upload to http://www.upload2.net (in that folder windows saves bsod logs and theres always a bsod on a random restart even if you see it only for a split of a second) ill analyze the most recent logs and ill let you know if its a hardware issue/what driver caused it if a driver issue

that doesnt help much, you havnt provided the link so i really cant view em , also what about the question: what do you usally do before it happens?

il send it again and provide the link soz and it just restarts just like that witout giving any warning but when it does restart it says your computer has just recoverd from a bad error

looks like a driver issue but which driver exactly and if its a hardware or software driver is unclear , i suggest youll get the latest chipset/graphic/audio/usb devices drivers (avoid beta drivers) and dont install the nvidia ide driver it have various issues (each log also stores a list of all the loaded drivers at the time, in case you were wonderin) , if youll still have random restarts after having all the latest hardware drivers then it might be a driver of norton antivirus/internet security thats causing it^ check for updates and if that wont help then uninstall it and use avg/avast or nod32 and see if the problem remains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom