x2 3800+ overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have given up on ocing mine, it has caused more problems trying to get it @a higher rate, than actually working so i guess i will have to leave it set at 2.1ghz its highest stable windows bootable OC.

oh the sadness

yes i got a aftermarket. and a good one at that. but for the life of me i dont think that will cure my problems.

1.4vcore is still stock vcore so you haven't really broken out of that "insanely low voltage" stage especially by any overclocking standards =/

Guys... Voltage is your friend, don't be afraid to use it. I've gone up to 1.7v on my 146, and 1.63v on my 165. Of course I don't run them 24/7 on those voltages, but it is not like it will kill it.

nitestick said:
voltage is a friend you can do without though :). i mean you only call up your buddy voltage when you need more guys at the party lol. i can hit 2.6ghz at about 1.425v-1.45v but thats just for testing. i don't want to be running that vcore for very long on stock cooling.

I put a 120mm in the lower front of my case, and mounted a 80mm at the end of the housing/caging of the floppy drives inside my case. I duct taped the screw holes and what not on the floppy drive holder/cage/house so it's only take air from the outside side the case. Needless to say, I took out the little panel cover things where the floppy drives go. So now I got like a 2inch tall, 4 inch wide, and 4.5 inch deep air "tunnel" thing bringing outside air to the middle/center of my case basically right on my CPU. My CPU temps are either 25 or 26. The board turns the CPU fan off whenever it gets at 25C. But once it turns off, the temp goes to 26 and then the fan kicks back on and it goes back down to 25.... a never ending cycle.

Also... mounting the 80mm fan was simple. I barely screwed in the top two screws (so that they're extending from the fan), and then slip the two screws between the floppy drive cage and the optical drive cage. And it's completely stable there. So no drilling or whatever.

side view of my case
You can see the middle, square housing thing for the floppy drives.... that's where I've got it mounted. And since I don't use a floppy drive, it's a nice mod for the case :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom