x2 3800+ overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
talk about slow off the mark. i only just realised my 3800+ is one of the toledo rejects (E6 revision as opposed to E4 which is the true manchester core). AMD have been making some manchester cores from toledo cores with screwed up cache by just locking half the cache. i already knew that but i only thought they did it for the 4200+ and 4600+

yeah funny thing happend when i ran cpu-z on my machine after i formated ....it used to be a manchester. now it reads toledo..

is that a bad thing??

:( what the!!! i was bored so i thought it was about time i finally tried for higher than 2.4ghz. it wasn't stable at 2.45ghz@1.375v (up from 2.4ghz@1.325v). didn't have enough time to try 1.4v but i'm still kind of dissapointed :( it was looking like i might be able to keep overclocking without having to ramp up the voltage much

strange thing is happening. i can't see why but when ever i cold boot at 2.4ghz my usb receiver for my Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard doesn't detect :/ despite the fact everything checks out as stable. i have to replug the receiver and then it works fine. some more clarity on the issue with high vdimm and vcore. the maximum difference between half vdimm and vcore that can be considered safe should be taken as 0.325v. that is the difference between minimum vcore (Cool n' Quiet at 1.1v) and maximum specified vdimm (2.85v). 2.85v/2=1.425, 1.425-1.1=0.325v. therefore the maximum we can assume is safe is 0.325v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom