Sweet deal no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Soo i believe the wonderful 9800XT is crappin out maybe. If thats true then i guess replacing it will be on the agenda considering i have LANs to go to. Everybody should know my 100dollar cap now and i was looking at the X1600pro 256mb and 512mb. For 135 or 139 i cant pass that up! Is this thing everything its cracked up to be on this here forums? Madre will pitch in the extra 40 IF NEEDED. Cant go over 140 here period. Anything better STOCK? Also, which would be better 256 or the 512. Remember this is AGP:D

oh... well if it's AGP I wouldn't spend too much... Maybe go for a 6600GT and OC... I'm using a cheap-o 6200 (got the none pipeline mod and a gpu lock, but it still runs surprisingly well for being a cheap place holder. Then again I went from a 9200 to it, soo you'll likely want something on par or above. From what I've heard, the x1600pro beats a 6600GT by a little bit... that said, what are the current prices on a 6800GS or 7600GT? you might be able to nab one for around $150... you can always be lucky and find $10 on the street.

EDIT: The most expensive 6800 on Newegg is $150.. other wise I think your right in looking at the x1600pro as the next bet... looks like you could try your luck and save $20-30 by getting a refurb.

Well anyway, good luck finding a card.

Id rather buy new. Luck hasent been so great w/ refurbished goods. I would like to have a 6800GS or 7600GT in that thing but they are to exspensive and are out of my reach. I tried Ebay but the best i could find in my price range is a 9800pro which i have something better. I guess if the benchmarks look good ill get a X1600pro. But the in 256 or 512 flavour?

X1600Pro would probably be a good bet for you. The 512mb doesn't make any operable difference at all with that GPU. You'll save a lot of money too. I almost bought the X1600Pro when I was on a lower budget. I scraped up more for the 6800GS though. I'd go with the Pro

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom