Probably a simple question..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, I was reading reviews on the AMD X2 3800 on NewEgg and several people said to avoid dual-core processors for gaming and stick with single core. Just spooked me a bit
ok, well the word 'avoid' wouldn't be what I'd choose.

All it is meaning is that currently, games don't utilize dual cores, so therefore you won't see an increase in gaming just because it has two cores. What it WOULD allow you to do though is burn a DVD while you play a game and your FPS wouldn't be affected by that. Something you couldn't do with a single core CPU.

They aren't saying that the dual cores will perform badly, because that is simply not the case. Also in the future, games WILL be multi-threaded and will make use of those dual cores.

Great, and thanks all for clearing some things up. The few people that commented on the dual core CPU's for gaming just seemed to imply that single core processors are faster for gaming. Right now anyway. But I want something more future proof and good at multi-tasking so I'm going AMD X2 3800. I'll order it tonight, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom