Out with the Old In with the New !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
80 gig won't be enough for gaming though. Unless you only install four games. I'd rather go with a bigger hard drive, that way you don't have to rack your brain thinking of thing to delete to free up space.

I'm using Firefox too, so the way I got the links to the parts was by right-clicking on the link, then clicking 'Copy Link Location'. Dunno if you can do that in IE though.

80 gig won't be enough for gaming though. Unless you only install four games.

since when did games start taking up 20gigs? lol if he does a lot of downloading then it won' tbe enough. but just for games its more than enough i think..

I'm using Firefox too, so the way I got the links to the parts was by right-clicking on the link, then clicking 'Copy Link Location'. Dunno if you can do that in IE though.

ah cool. no you can't do that in IE. i have firefox but i never use it... just too used to IE to switch...

make the ram lower, up the video card... 7800 gt.. or if the 7900 gt is cheap there than that should do

well the website he gave us has really bad variety of computer parts.. very limited. and they don't have the new cards from nvidia like the 7900gt or the 7600gt. donno if this is because of the website or nvidia is ramming australia in the rear. i guess if he is just gaming, and not multitasking, 1 gig of ram + better vid card will give better performance than 2gigs + less good video card... although.. the 6800gs is still really good. and its nice to have 2gigs so you won't have to upgrade for a while..

aliasaid + cyrax

thanks heeps to both of you. really helped me out, now all i gotts do is choose which one i want to go with out of the 2 you each put up. (i wont say whos ill go with because for any little reason i dont want the other person to think "dam he didnt go with mine i suck".. because making someone feel bad, i just dont do :p)

just one question for either or both of you to opinionate on.

getting the AMD 64 x2 as compaired to the normal AMD 64. which would honestly be the better idea. i dont mind saving a little more if its gonna help me save money in the long run.

But as for posting computer builds. Thanks you both heeps for your help so far. This Aussie Appreciates it ! :p

(austrlian computer websites + pricing suck.. and as for asus rapping the aussie arse... im not a aussie when they knock on my door :p)

aliasaid + cyrax

thanks heeps to both of you. really helped me out, now all i gotts do is choose which one i want to go with out of the 2 you each put up. (i wont say whos ill go with because for any little reason i dont want the other person to think "dam he didnt go with mine i suck".. because making someone feel bad, i just dont do :p)

lol!! well you lose anyways since i'm sure NosBoost is devastated as you didn't thank him :p just kidding..

getting the AMD 64 x2 as compaired to the normal AMD 64. which would honestly be the better idea. i dont mind saving a little more if its gonna help me save money in the long run.

if you're just going to be gaming, and won't be multi-tasking at all, and as of right now, the cpu that cyrax suggested would be faster since its clocked faster. however, if you do even a little multi-tasking, the dual core will be very useful. and as newer games come out, they'll be able to utilize the dual core technology. if you want to prepare your comp for the future, i highly recommend you get the dual-core processor.

and also! i totally missed the fact that you had a powersupply already. that powersupply should be good enough, since i was worried the one that came w/ the case might not be powerful enough. this should bring my build to below $1500!!! i'll go edit my build..hehe

aliasaid said:
since when did games start taking up 20gigs? lol if he does a lot of downloading then it won' tbe enough. but just for games its more than enough i think..

well the website he gave us has really bad variety of computer parts.. very limited. and they don't have the new cards from nvidia like the 7900gt or the 7600gt. donno if this is because of the website or nvidia is ramming australia in the rear. i guess if he is just gaming, and not multitasking, 1 gig of ram + better vid card will give better performance than 2gigs + less good video card... although.. the 6800gs is still really good. and its nice to have 2gigs so you won't have to upgrade for a while..

If you only play single player games they might not, but with your OS and everything else on their. If you play over the net, and download maps, that will take up some of it also. But yeah, true what you say, it would be enough if you played a few games and didn't have anything else.

That site is very weird. I've seen some ads for it before and they boasted having the best price, brands, etc. And they don't seem to have that much variety. I would stick with a 6800GS for now, and the 2 gig. Then when the new cards come out you can upgrade without having to upgrade your ram as well. Get that x2 3800+ too.

lol!! well you lose anyways since i'm sure NosBoost is devastated as you didn't thank him just kidding..

LOL... im sorry. i didnt take notice of that post. Prolly because it was small and i didnt think it held much info as to the bigger posts yous where giving.. Thanks Nosboost30 also.

Ok so yer.. going the athlon x2 seems to be the go. Since i want a good computer and a computer that i dont have to upgrade for awile.

I noticed that you both posted basicly the same video cards, but one was Extreme eddition. im not all that keen on spending money if not needed. So that said, is there a noticable difference ?

well to be honest i don't really know the difference b/w the two cards, if they're just clocked differently, then deff go for cheaper one. but the cheaper one says that it has 128bit something... i was just worried that thats the memory bandwidth, if thats the case, then avoid it. if thats something else, and the memory bandwidth is actually 256bit, just get that cheaper one then.

Hey i looked online, and many people recommended the evga 6800 gs, on new egg or zipzoomfly for about $170 us dollars, it got reallly good reviews and i was planning to get it, so if this helps, u might want to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom