Problems with X2s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its better than ANYTHING in the GeForce 6 series. It beats the 6800GT/GS/Ultra. Can't believe Nvidia was able to do this.

Yea, those insanely illogical clocks make up for it, personally I'd rather have 256bit memory and harshly slower clocks.

i hear that the 3800+ compares to a 3.0GHz pentium processor, so by that logic, YES, yes it will.

ok sweet, thats wut i was lookin for thanks.

btw (off topic) john3, niice sig, i have a HP with a celeron 433MHz and i think its like 80Mhz FSB or something like that with 256MB of ram maxed out and a gateway PII 400Mhz and 64MB of RAM both with XP Pro. lol)

i no isnt it amazing, i got it like 6 or 7 years ago. im getting a new build this summer, WOOT WOOT!

lol niice yea i think i was just lookin at ur post, gotta love those old computers with the "latest technology" of their time.

whats the differences in chipsets? i suppose the more expensive boards have a better chipset but what do they do? OC features? stuff like that?

If you're planning having ocing as a possibility, get the DFI Lanpart UT nf4, its $50 cheapers, and you can invest that into a nice PSU or another gig of ram.

gaara said:
There is a known issue with all multicore processors with thermal throttling (eg cool and quiet) in which you'll get processor speed up and slow downs that will kill any performance. Most likely any site that has issues with X2s in games did not do their research and did not install the hotfix

This issue is easily resolved with a driver and a registry edit

Where do you get the hotfix? Got a link?

i hear that the 3800+ compares to a 3.0GHz pentium processor, so by that logic, YES, yes it will.

No, the Athlon 64 3800+ performs a bit better than the Intel Pentium 4 3.6ghz. The 512k cache cripples it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom