AMD Service...Very, Very Impressive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
I'm building my first AMD system for my son....The 3200+ Venice came with a bundled mobo (ECS KN1 Extreme Lite). It looks impressive...It's not! Anyway, We are waiting for an SLI ready board from Abit and I suggested we just use the freebee until the new board arrives in a week. We get the system all setup..........................NADA!!! Powers on.....nothing. We pull the heatsink and chip..........it's like glued in there.....man. I call AMD, they say to gently work the heatsink back and forth and then pull up gently. We do...suddenly...out pops the CPU, heatsink and all and my son freaks out and drops it on the board!! 8 bent pins...now it's a 938!! Dang! He is in tears...I call AMD service...they didn't even blink an eye. New CPU will be on the way with no questions asked via RMA. Very Impressive company. We will be doing business alot!! :)

I love amd, always have always will, the only way their chips are lacking to intel is in graphics production... LOL they PWN intel anyday of the week in ANY consumer and most professional applications!!!

Jefe said:
I love amd, always have always will, the only way their chips are lacking to intel is in graphics production
very untrue, amd cpus have a major advantage over intel in gaming (much higher fps in general)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom