Best Custom Water Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
My specs are below. Would everyone please list either what they believe to be the best custom pieced water cooling system that would work for my rig, or what they use and have found to work great? I keep reading posts where people try and help someone in a certain budget. Assume there was no budget and just list the best of everything. And tell me if I should have 2 radiators, etc. with my rig. I want to go all out and pimp this biatch out. Links would be great to eatch part cause I will be buying this soon. Thanks for the advice !!

I mean like the end-all list... Everything you would get if you had a fat budget and wanted the coldest rig for overclocking. Keep with water though, no liquid nirtogen :)

i wanna know the same thing. im looking into buying a water cooling kit and i want the best one for my comp. :)

[quote originally posted by NUBIUS]
http://www.techist.com/showthre...60&pagenumber=1

Most common setup that a majority of people have including myself that's very effective is:

D5 pump
TDX Cpu block
Clearflex tubing (Tygon is more expensive and is considered 'the best' but clearflex will be just fine unless you just REALLY must have tygon)
If I were you, I'd simply spend $25 on a heatercore and mod it yourself. Here are some instructions:

http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=228

Note what it says at the bottom of the sticky I first linked you to though...that modding page uses a different heatercore. The 1977 bonneville heatercore model 2-302 is the best. It's super easy to mod yourself too. There are more 'advanced' ways of modding it, but you dont have to get crazy to make a real nice effective heatercore.

You can see my heatercore at the top:

Sooo basically it's

Pump - $75
CPU Block - $50
Heatercore - approx $25-$35 after modding it, may cost you a couple bucks for modding.

That's $150-ish right there....after you add tubing you'll be a little over $160 and you can save some cash and room in your computer by simply getting a T-line. If you dont know what that is, simply go to dangerden.com and look for their t-lines under tubing & accessories and you'll see what it is. You can see mine in the picture....it's where it "T"s off, literally, hence the name. And theres a thing called a fillport at the top made for easy filling.

All in all you'd be closer to $175 actually, but it's still good considering it's awesome performance. I got a GPU block as well so that's another $50 but other than that, I have everything I just listed to you.

nice, will two rads. help like one cooling the water going to the gpu and one cooling the cpu or will it just be a hassle?

Dont bother. It wouldn't be worth the trouble and you wouldnt see any remarkable results from it.

really, so what kinda of results am i looking at because i heard it was a pretty sig. drop. like 5-10 C or like 2-3 C. cuz im going to be overclocking the gpu like crazy and want to squeeze everything out of it.

no need for two rads, if anything, you can get two pumps and run em in a series.

Here's my suggestion:
cpu: Storm rev 2
pump: D5
radiator: BIXII w/ 2 120x38 sanyo denkis
gpu block: Silverprop Cyclone Fusion SL
tubing: tygon 1/2" ID or 7/16" ID

that would be my choice if i had the money to build a high end water cooling setup. You can spend extra money for a thermochill radiator and storm g5, but the performance gain (maybe 2-3 degrees) isnt worth another 200 bucks

really, so what kinda of results am i looking at because i heard it was a pretty sig. drop. like 5-10 C or like 2-3 C. cuz im going to be overclocking the gpu like crazy and want to squeeze everything out of it.
Depends on what you currently run at. I can't tell you about my CPU because I've always had water on this particular CPU, so theres no before and after.

But my GPU is an evga 6800GT PCI-E and with stock it was running like, anywhere from 65-70C idle and upwards of 85C on full load. Now it'll run anywhere from 38-41C depending on how hot is that day, and only run up like......max of 45C on full load, and that's with it OC'd up to 450/1200, stock 6800GT is 350/1000

I'd just buy your own 1977 bonneville heatercore from an autoparts store and mod it yourself. It'll get better performance than that of a normal radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom