Pic of the new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine sorta looks better than that setup, but i have agp 6800gs + 756mb ram w/Pentium4
So i sacraficed ram for coolness..... shoulda went with the ram.....

lol, i have that exact same case i think... from thermaltake. Its one beast of a case, lots a room :D! anyways, i gotta say its a sweet build cause its almost mine... i just dont have the cool ram and its a lil bit older :'(. oh well...

karpfish24 said:
shouldnt u score better than 9,xxx in 05 with a setup like that?

I was poking around futuremark online browser and found that most people with stock setups (like mine) are scoring between 8000 and 9900. It seems only the ones who are OC'd or have SLI or both are scoring over 10,000, mostly in the 13,000 range.

Ok the 3dmark 06 score is 5104 bone stock. CHeck the 3dMark 06 thread for the pic of the results

Hiya,

I have almost the same setup.

4400 + X2
Club 7800 GTX 512megs
A832N SLI delux

However I let myself down on the RAM side, I just went for the cheap store stuff.

My question to you is, would I see a dramatic improvement in buying the 3500 pro memory?

Or should I just stick with what I have (some cheap kingston stuff)

I am also looking on ebay for a 2nd 7800gtx, a few 2nd hand models going on there so I am seriously tempted to get SLI running :p

If you have the money, I would get the 3500PRO RAM. Just beware of your HSF as this RAM istaller and may not fit. Do not get SLI. As most people will tell you, the price vs performance gain just isn't worth it.

The computer will run better and more stable with the new RAM and will give better numbers in benchmarks, but will you SEE an increase in performance is hard to tell aas we don't no who poorly the system is running now.

I say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom