weird ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

beluga

In Runtime
so i decided to upgrade to 1.5gigs of ddr400 since i have 3 slots on my mobo. The weird thing is that when i put 2 sticks to make 1 gig everything is fine, and as soon as i stick in the 3rd stick my computer boots up but anything i do, the hard drive shuts down and restarts... is it the problem with my mobo then?

are all three sticks same? as if yes, is your motherboard Dual-Channel compatible? as if yes? are you on latest BIOS (recommended is a version lower than latest).

as in case of dual channel, your 2X sticks are making dual-link, hat is understood, but third is conflicting (which it shouldnt have).

well had originally 512 of kingston ddr 400 value ram, then last week bought 1 gig of ram and bought a kingston value ram pack which is also dd 400 pc 3200. CPUZ says the orignal first ram has a faster latencz than others, which is weird since theyre both value ram. Also i checked and the old ram happens to be bigger than the other ones which is very odd? whats going on

Bigger? it might be Dual-Sided and Single Sided, which of course makes some problems. you should have bought all 3 same model numbers. Although I am using Kingston since my First PC, and never had any problems with this, but Model Number does makes difference, specially the latency.

Yes you need to get the same CAS Latency and dont worry about dual channel, Your RAM wont run in dual channel mode with your 754..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom