do I really neeD thermal paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyrax said:
I'd rather use the pad though, I'm not confident enough in my computer-building skills to use paste. Afraid I might get some on the mobo, or somethin.

It's not that big of a deal. It's like toothpaste in a way; it slowly comes out of the tube, definetly not runny. You just squeeze a dab in the middle and that's it.

NathanM said:
It's not that big of a deal. It's like toothpaste in a way; it slowly comes out of the tube, definetly not runny. You just squeeze a dab in the middle and that's it.

And then you've got to spread it out to the edges. That's the part I'm worried about.

Yep, well, it helps to 'slightly' wiggle it around too, to make sure it's smeared effectively. My temps are at 41-42ºC max when gaming. It's obviously simple and effective.

Yep alls you do is put a small dab (smaller then a pea) of the thermal paste in the middle. Then put the heatsink on and your good to go.

The pressure from the HS will force it out. The stuff isn't supposed to be thick like a pad. It's supposed to give the heatsink as much contact as possible to the heat spreader on the processor.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom