1600x1200 CRT or 19" LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original question was very specific...(did mean to upset anyone lol)
Is the 16x12 resolution worth ditching a nice 19" LCD 12x10 (found a sweet deal for 200 bucks on a really good one)

BennyV04988 said:
My original question was very specific...(did mean to upset anyone lol)
Is the 16x12 resolution worth ditching a nice 19" LCD 12x10 (found a sweet deal for 200 bucks on a really good one)

Yes it is, because the CRT can probably display anything up to 1600x1200 with good quality whilst the LCD only does 1280x1024 with good quality.
But it really depends what you are looking for in a monitor.

This is my opinion, if you have the space and willing to deal with it's bulk get a 16x12 CRT. If you would like somthing smaller and lighter get the 19" LCD.

And my post is also just my opinion; The only thing that CRTs have over LCDs are the higher reslution and response times. Refresh rates don't matter on LCDs, you will never see flicker. As for the resolution, 1600x1200 is overdoing it, even by today's standards. 1280x1024, with performance advantages will look just as good as, if not better than, 1600x1200 without AA or AF. And finally, response times; 12ms response times eliminate ghosting and 8ms has become the standard for LCDs now.

Just my opinions.

Green Radience said:
And my post is also just my opinion; The only thing that CRTs have over LCDs are the higher reslution and response times. Refresh rates don't matter on LCDs, you will never see flicker. As for the resolution, 1600x1200 is overdoing it, even by today's standards. 1280x1024, with performance advantages will look just as good as, if not better than, 1600x1200 without AA or AF. And finally, response times; 12ms response times eliminate ghosting and 8ms has become the standard for LCDs now.

Just my opinions.

There's still a big difference between 8ms and today's CRT's. And CRT not only support higher resolutions, they also display a sharp picture at almost any resolution. They cost less.
LCD's look nice. If they could make tubes that small everybody would buy them (SED).

I think LCD is better because it looks brighter and more vibrent... and it doesnt hurt your eyes.... wow i cant imagine that you guys could have a cool rig but have a big huge CRT.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom