Windows wont start up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
hi. ive posted the same problem before http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95506
but it just getting worse so i need help here... when i start up my comp and at the windows XP logo w/ the blue bar rolling, its just stops there. the blue bar is still keep moving, though. now i have to start up from safe mode. and i have no idea what to do from there. i tried to run antivirus (AVG) software but it freezes at the end of it. mb the HD is bad?
im using win xp sp2, 74g rapter HD, amd x2 4800+, dfi lanparty board and ocz psu and ram.

*EDIT* now it freezes up in safe mode....i managed to do system restore. but so far its not working at all.

try uninstalling all antivirus/firewall software. Basicly anything with live system protection. if that doesnt work try removing software from adrem progs. also disconect things like webcams/usb devices and other none needed components.

:)

I suggest reformat... make sure the first thing you install is all your mobo drivers included with the Motherboard. Then do the other updates or whatever else you want to do.

I find this is a common 'issue' with new mobos.

lol i figured it out. its just any unbootable CD in the drive makes windows not to boot...in BIOS, the optical disk drive is set to secondary boot drive. even though HD is set to the primarily start up disk... so i changed all the other bootable option to disable and it all works fine now. phew...im glad i didnt have to reformat the drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom