HDD power up failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDE conection is fine ... the PSU has been tested in another PC and is fine ... I will just check the voltages in the BIOS and report them to you.

ill try to make it more clear , EricB is sayin that its possible you connected the ide cable the wrong way (on the wrong side) to the motherboard or to the drive or both

Brittboy said:
the PSU has been tested in another PC and is fine ... I will just check the voltages in the BIOS and report them to you.
unless that other pc was 100% identical then it doesnt mean a thing

EricB said:
do you know that?

sorry. I just had woke up.

I once had a brand new mobo that was simply frying hdd's. putting the hdd's on pci raid would stop them from dying. I took it back. I was just wondering was your ide connections was up to snuff

IDE cable is connected to the correct slot ... I did put it in the wromg slot to start with (schoolboy error !!) but it is definately in the correct slot now.

no one said anything about the slot you misunderstood it , i was saying that maybe you connected the ide cable on the wrong side to the drive or the motherboard or both , anyway what about those psu voltages i asked for?

Bit new to this stuff ... exactly how do i get into the BIOS to find the voltages that you requested ???

Brittboy said:
Bit new to this stuff ... exactly how do i get into the BIOS to find the voltages that you requested ???
usally by pressing del but in some cases its f1/f2/esc , goto pc health/hardware monitoring and they will be there (navigate with the arrows and press enter to access it,esc to exit it)

Brittboy said:
Also ... a bit confused now ... what do you mean the "wrong side" ???
first of sorry if this example looks stupid , your hands have 2 sides
img11142264591.jpg

same goes for the ide cable connectors
ide-ribbon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom