Processor too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auman

Baseband Member
Hey, I built my PC last year, and am currently running on an Intel P4 530 3.0GHZ w/ HT. I've been through my BIOS and other PC monitoring programs such as Everest and PC Wizzard. My CPU temp is reading over 80°C. Is there anyway that I can greatly reduce this temperature? Thanks for your help.

`Auman

get an aftermarket cooler and some as5 maybe a few case fans blow out dust in the case make sure your cooler is fully seated if even 1 corner is not in right your temps can get very high

my vote is that the CPU heatsink isn't seated properly. Does the CPU fac report a good speed in everest?

im not gonna vote for that :D , intel's prescott core cpus (which is probably what he have) are known to be very very hot i'd say its the cooler , say whats the maximum price your willin to spend and ill recommend a good cooler

yes, the 530 is a prescott. they get hot, but not that hot.

sorry i cannot provide any temp data, my dell doesnt let me access sensors. :mad:

I have yet to try it so I don't advocate it, but water, and hvac cooling options are out there as well, I have heard of people dropping cpu temps below 0ºC... crazy another option I have heard of is fully submersing your system in oil... I believe it is cooking oil, but it is supposed to negate /disperse heat.

speedfan update and everest update dont have anything new temp wise.

sandra says:
Thermal monitor Yes
Thermal monitor 2 No
Control Temperature 66*C

What is control temperature? it isnt the cpu temp, as it never changes, but what exactly is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom