Azureus Help - Really slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. tech

In Runtime
I've been using Azureus for over a week now. It's been running fine. I port forwarded, the NAt was always ok, the DHT was always active. It was downloading at a good speed.

All of a sudden my download speed doesn't go anything over 0kbps....

I'm not 100% sure how Azureus works but i think Seeds is how many people you are downloading off. is that correct?

If so my Seeds are set to 0 (28) and my Peers is set to 63 (1927)

Would that be the cause? Any suggestions?

The file is 4GB and I've downloaded 95%. What a bummer. Hopefully I can figure this out.

Thanks for your input.

This happened to me a few times, especially with new torrents, too many peers.

You can wait till there will be enough seeds or you can temporarily change your settings to be able to join to more people (screen), but if your provider does not support internet without p2p limits, then he could block your internet, because of too many connections. You can also ask in Azureus IRC (screen), there are skilled people.

Seeds are how many people are feeding the complete file. Peers are the people that are trying to get the file also.

So if there are no seeds that means no one with the full file is feeding the torrent anymore. Need to have seeds connected to get the last 5% that you need.

Thatnks guys. That is really helpful. So I guess I just have to wait for a seeder to let me download?

Yeah. Have to wait for Azures to connect to one of the seeders to finish the download.

Thanks. How come when I run Azureus it stuffs up my normall internet browsing? I have to reset my DSL in order to browse for a few minutes then it stuffs up again. I have to close Azureus completely in order to get my browsing to work completely.

I think it is jsut the client (Azures) has issue with you DSL settings. Maybe use a different client like BitComet or something like that.

Thanks. One other thing. Does other Bittorrent clients have different seeders? And can I transfer downloads to other clients without losing my percentage?

Mr. tech said:
One other thing. Does other Bittorrent clients have different seeders?
Nope. Bittorent is one big sharing family, DHT clients even more. ;)
Mr. tech said:
And can I transfer downloads to other clients without losing my percentage?
Yes, if the other client is quality enough, it should handle it without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom