grad school research on case modding: please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sputchick

Beta member
Hey all,
I am a graduate student in Arts Administration at the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon. I am researching Computer Modding (specifically case modding) for a class.
I have three questions that I would love to get some feedback on. Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions of your own.

1. Why do you mod your cases?
2. Do you consider your cases to be art?
3. How do you display your the cases? (Example: through pictures and posts online, in magazines, at LAN parties)

Thanks!
Sputchick

1. Because it makes them look more interesting/different.

2. Anything creative can be called art.

3. There are several websites dedicated to case modding, and people take pictures, and yes, display them at LANs.

Ok, this is how I feel about case modding, it will probably be different to most peoples.

1. Gives them a sense of being custom, and different.

2. Depends what you do to em.

3. Don't really show them off.

1. to improve cooling and/or make them look better

2. not ATM, although if I get around to getting a new computer, I may turn my Lian-Li case into an artwork

3. pictures and posts online, although that's mainly just to show people what the case model is like

mod them to make them look better to yourself or to others

id consider them artwork in a sense, if you know nothing about computers youd find the work done to them a bigger kick than someone who works with computers in modding and stuff

i show mine off to who ever comes over or whereever i go to lan parties/roadtrips whatever it is i show it off

1. just to say you did it, and to be really different
2. yea because you are expressing yourself
3.wherever possible if I had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom