Card Keepers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Hey all.

I was messing around in my case a little bit ago cleaning out some dust when I realized my graphics card was in something labled a 'card keeper'. Hmm..........I didnt notice that before. LOL

Will the card keeper make it any harder for me to switch out that graphics card for a new one?

If not, how do I actually remove it all?

It's a black plastic housing that the video card is 'sitting' in. I'll try to grab a pic later.

Well, I just looked on Alienwares site. Here's what it said.

"Build quality: Card keepers. Protecting the cards in transit and directing air flow in use, a simple idea prolongs the operational tile of the components."

Now, hopefully I can figure out how to get the card swapped out with the thing in there. LOL

Its just something that holds your videocard in place. If its an Alienware PC, then they probably assumed that you'd want to show it off and move it around so the card keepers are there to hold the cards in place. Otherwise, there is a chance that they could fall out or something (yea right).

Green Radience said:
Its just something that holds your videocard in place. If its an Alienware PC, then they probably assumed that you'd want to show it off and move it around so the card keepers are there to hold the cards in place. Otherwise, there is a chance that they could fall out or something (yea right).

Yeah, it's an Alienware. Im definitely not planning on showing it off anytime soon though. LOL It's been a great comp, but I'll be building my own from now on. :)

So, how do I remove the dang 'card keeper' then? Does the video card just slide in and out of it?

Green Radience said:
Actually, I've never really seen one first-hand, just a small pic of one in CPU Magazine. Could you post a pic?

Yeah, I'll open up the case and take a pic tomorrow. It's kinda cool looking, but might be a pain to move around. LOL We'll see though.

hrmm alienware... what color.. i may want to buy the case if its cool with you.. or you happen to want to sell... what kind of graphics card.. i might take a gander at that as well

i want to build a comp for my bro, and an alienware case would look pretty cool

NosBoost300 said:
hrmm alienware... what color.. i may want to buy the case if its cool with you.. or you happen to want to sell... what kind of graphics card.. i might take a gander at that as well

i want to build a comp for my bro, and an alienware case would look pretty cool
yea it would I alaways wanted an alienware computer case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom