RAID 0 or Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what i want to run too. SG barracudas. So raid 0 means higher consequences not chances. :) Sounds good. Raid 0 will def be used in my new rig. I cant F'n WAIT for graduation and bday money...

Ye

HA

no the consequences aren't higher, becasue if a hard drive fails you still lose stuff either way. the chances are higher in a RAID becasue you have two hard drives that can fail instead of just one.

dont go with raid 0 with raptors. its not worth, just get a 74 gig. trust me. thats plenty of room. and if you need to upgrade in the future just add another and raid them then.

"no the consequences aren't higher, becasue if a hard drive fails you still lose stuff either way. the chances are higher in a RAID becasue you have two hard drives that can fail instead of just one."

You're an idiot....

Consequence = amount lost (2 >1!)
HIGHER CHANCE = more LIKELY to fail...

Your logic is totally backwards. Two drives doesn't make a crash iminent, just more devastating if it DOES happen. That does mean great consequences...

TheKid06 said:
I heard that you can use a hard drive that is not set on Raid 0 for backup to reduce your chances of loosing your information.
That would be RAID 1. You will have your main HDD that you work off of and the second will be an exact copy of the first one at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom