All video is choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
your hd is running in dma mode thats good cuz when hds dont run in dma mode their very slow , anyway it looks like a software problem , download hijackthis http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html and click "do a system scan and save a logfile" and open a thread at this section http://www.techist.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=126&s= and copy & paste it , from that log it will be possible to determine if you have any resource hogging software runnin in the background or some spyware the sites i suggested might have missed , also try to remember what you did before this problem started and you might get to the bottom of it , you welcome ;)

ive been doing some searchin on google , and it seems some ppl got the fps issue fixed by turning off vsync , also for some it was a bios issue might wanna update it if you dont alredy have the latest , also the chipset driver might have something to do with the slowdowns obtain the latest from your system/motherboard manufacturer site

did you always had that graphic card? if you got it recently then its possible the cpu just chokes on it (the cpu got alot of impact on taking advantage of the graphic card performance and if you mix a slow cpu with a powerfull graphic card then it will not fully take advantage of it)
lets get down the bottom of that possiblity, the graphic card model you provided in the first post is not fully accurate run sandra and get into "video system information" and take a screenshot , also reinstalling directx might help ftp://www.xolon.de/drivers/directx/directx_9c_redist.exe

you dont have to uninstall it in order to reinstall it , and indid regulary its not possible but theres some third party tool that can uninstall em

ok well i click on setup it asks me to install but then says that it has been already installed after i click next, without really doing anything.....

i have a Micro-Star motherboard model MS-6330

Now I don't know what driver I should download because I think I have to get the one my cpu can support right?

DO NOT attempt to update your graphic card bios it could ruin it , i was talking on the motherboard bios not the graphic card i tought that was obvious , ive been lookin on google and there are several revisions of your motherboard and if youll download the bios for the incorrect revision lets say youll see nothin on screen so you gotta download the bios for the right revision so you must find out what that revision is. run sandra and get in to "mainboard information" and take a screenshot (dont scroll down this time) and ill get you a link , theres no connection whatsoever between the bios to your cpu it just gotta be for the exact motherboard you have otherwise as said above you wont see nothin on screen after youll update

i found the directx uninstall tool i talkin about
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4347.html
use it and reinstall dx 9.0c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom