Factory OC'ed card, How far can i push it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hednik

Baseband Member
A month ago I got a 6800GS for my first self built comp. I love it and it works great. Never expected to get a 3113 on 3dmark 06 considering my system. Ive got a few questions maybe someone could answer/ The card came overclocked from the factory with 470mhz/1.1ggz respectively. Im assuming 425mhz/1ghz would be a stock 6800gs. Im wondering what exactly does a company do when they when they make a card overclocked considering that we overclock a vid card with a software rpogram and can change back when ever needed to do so. I have looked several places and not seen any posts pertaining to factory oced cards. My second question is, will this make it possible for me to overclock it further than a stock 6800GS or in the end am I going to end up with the same. The best settting I can get right now would be a 520mhz/1.167ghz and it still be stable and no artifacts even from 3dmark06. What would I possibly need to adjust for me to push it a but further. I have only adjusted the speeds and the pci-e bus is at 102. My temp are great so that wont be an issue currently. GPU sits at 53c full load. Thanks for your time

I think that factory OCed cards come with better coolers so they can "definetely" OC it to the new speed. So you most likely will get better OC results with ur card than a stock one. -Charlie

Bah now the card has decided ot let me OC it to 550/1300. i have no idea why it will now. Gonna try 3dmark06 see how she holds up

**** man see ppl where right the PCi-E 6800gs's oc like mad. Also, you wont get better OCs than anybody else because they just write i higher clock speed in the bios. Basicaly you have the same card as regular ppl but the stock speed is just a notch higher thats all.

D a m n skippy that's a nice overclock!! You could replace the stock thermal paste with some Arctic silver 5 or get a new GPU cooler if you want to get it higher. Do you have and PCI-e voltage settings in your bios? If you do try upping that a little bit and see if you can bump it up a bit more.

**** my 7800gtx only goes to 505/1395 and i get artifacting after 30 minutes of playing bf2 like that. i got a sh*tty 7800gtx i think. it sucks. lol

eVga. its supposed to be a good card. and no im not gettin good ventilation but i have a ghetto rig with two fans blowing right on it, but in 3dmark05 it still tops off at 70 C and i get some artifacting on the firefly forest part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom