Which Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffhucker

In Runtime
I am building my system and have everything but my Case and OS picked out.

I am trying to build a cool AND quiet system.
I am not OC'ing.
I am not a gamer.
I am using Athlon X2.

I have gone round and round on these cases.

Some that I like have only 80mm front fans. I think I want 120mm fans for noise reasons.

Any opinion (not that anyone here has an opinion) yeah right!

Thanks

Also I posted a new post about which Windows XP pro (retail vs OEM) to get here:
http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=97270

PSU needs

What do u know about my sytem that would suggest which PSU I need?

I know more is better no matter what, but I do not want to oversize uneedingly.

I will have:
1 HDD
2 DVD
No Vid Card
No OC'ing

And what to u base your facts on that "the other ones have crappy PSU's" ?

They are all the same PSU's just different sizes for the most part?

i know enough , your gonna get a power hungry cpu + i tought the mobo have onboard graphics since you mentioned your not a gamer it seems i was right + all other parts are easily guessable

first of as i alredy mentioned i meant crappy as not good enough to run the pc you gonna get ,
as for what i based my decision on, i have alot of knowledge on psus and hardware+newegg have pictures of every product means not only pictures of the case but of its psu sticker aswell. the first case dont include a psu i guess you havnt noticed that , psu wattage rating doesnt mean much its the amper rating that really counts that what i was looking at , like ppl psus arent built same and if youll look at amper rating of several diffrent psus that have the same wattage youll notice a big diffrence , also not all the psus in those cases are atx 2.0 and that if you ask considering the system you gonna get its important , and no they arent the same psus every psu in each case you mentioned is diffrent the only thing in common to all of em is that their all made by antec

jeremy

Thanks for the info.
I am getting a stand alone vid card if that makes a difference.
And I know that the Antec SLK3000 has no PSU

I am more concerned with the case, I can schange the PSU!

I appreciate your input

I have made mine with Antec Sonata 2. quiet and well-designed. (but its window less, so you might not consider this as a good thing), but I dont like window cases.

I would go with the Antec Sonata 2 or Antec P180 or P160 or P150. They are all very quiet. I personally have the sonata, it is pretty good, and the inside is easy to work with. - Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom