ATX 12V 20 pin to 24 pin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasWest

Solid State Member
I just purchased a Intel D945PVS and a Scorpio Raidmax case with 420 W power supply. I noticed my Intel board take a 24 pin connector, but the ATX only has a 20? I believe the connector is missing the 12v (but could be wrong). What should I do here? Is there an adaptor I need?

Any help would be appreciated :)

tom

More info

Thanks for your help thus far.

Intel D945PVS Motherboard w/ Pentium D 2.66 gHz 533 mhz Processor
Sondy DVD+R dual/double layer
Western Digital Serial ATA HD

The case itself has a : Raidmax RX-420K psu ATX12V (v1.2 not 2.0 which has the 24 pin).

Are you think I should replace the power supply that came with Scorpio box?

you welcome :) , you forgot to put the graphic card in those specs , its hard to recommend a psu without knowin what it is and from i found out your mobo dont have it integrated and the power consumption of graphic cards vary alot depending on the gpu its based on , from reasons specified in the thread i gave link to and cuz its a cheapo 20$ psu you should absolutely replace it , just say what graphic card you have and ill recommend a good psu

are you 100% sure you aint wrong on the graphic card? radeon 9550 is agp only and your mobo have pci-e and not agp (its an old standard pci-e is the new) so theres no way on planet that youll be able to connect the 9550 to it , you might wanna consider buying a new (pci-e) graphic card if you actually wanna see something on screen that is :amazed: , as for the psu you asked about this one is a much better choice for the price http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA21324

bonehead here

Ya know...Glad it's still in shrink wrap :) I'm going to exchange the video card and thanks for the heads up on the power supply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom