1600x1200 CRT or 19" LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmmm...So you're saying that 12x10 looks similar to 16x12? And it does obviously kill performance....Looks like i'll plan on a 19" LCD for now. My cousin has one and it looks amazing, even at 10x7. (ok maybe not amazing but decent) His video card is a freaking 6200 lmao so he doesnt use it on 12x10.

Beefcake said:

What about it? If you're saying that the X1900XT that I sold 3 days ago is something I consider old technology, then you're wrong. CRTs have been around a LONG time and they simply can't match a LCD.

There is nothing bad about the LCD that I have right now. On the other hand, I can rattle off tons of bad things about CRTs.

And enough with the 1024x786 looks horrible, thats lies also. If you've ever used a LCD you'll know that 1024x786 looks just fine. And with a 2ms monitor, the hit to my response time is still not enough to cause ghosting.

**** im gaming ona 15" dell CRt with 800x600 res and i think it's just fine. I dont think ill ever go to LCD cause i love the eye bleeding feeling it relly get's me pumped and i start to play better and i dont know why, il start a game of DOD:S and about after 2 hours of playing it my eyes get sore and i really start to PWN.

when i buy my computer around the time benny gets his ill only be going with a 17" or 19" CRT, and i dont think ill ever go over 1024x768 for a res.

Oh and could someone post the best 17" and 19" CRTs on newegg cause my budget went up to 1300 and im going dual core (or maybe conroe) and a bigger monitor.

Well if a slight performance increase of the 7900GTX compelled you to sell your new X1900XT on ebay then obviously it had to be too old for you. It's either that or your just an idiot. It's even more stupid since you have an LCD and can't even go higher then 12x10. Have fun having an extra 2-5fps. If I had a LCD I would take the HQAF that the X1000 series has then over a couple frames, it especially looks great in BF2. Also having HDR with AA in ALL games other then just Lost Coast is always nice.

CRTs have better color ranges then LCDs, especially the deeper blacks. They can play on all resolutions that are standard in gaming (new CRTs). Don't have to worry about dead pixels which really gets on my nerves when I play games. They have much higher refresh rates and don't flicker on those. They also cost a lot less then decent gaming LCDs. The only thing LCDs have over CRTs are that they take less space/weight and power. So while you can buy a new LCD I could buy two CRTs and dual screen them for around the same price. LCDs are getting cheaper to make inch by inch. Once I can get a decent LCD with resolutions over 12x10 without spending a ton of money I will do it but for now CRTs are fine.

"CRTs have been around a LONG time and they simply can't match a LCD." Actually since LCDs are not even capable of things that CRTs have (other then the extremely expensive LCDs) it should be LCDs can't match CRTs.

It really depends on what you want. If you want to have more room on your desk then LCDs are excellent. If you like having higher resolutions and better colors then CRTs are excellent. 17" LCDs are fine for gaming I just don't like 19" LCDs enough for me to spend $300+ for a decent gaming one that can't even play at 10x7 res without killing my eyes.

I dont get tempt it to go lcd. There is nothign about a lcd that woudl make put down 100+ dollar for. CRT just work. Is an old age technology that works. for less then 200 u get a high quality 19" CTR that can do high resolution and higher frrame rates what else coudl u want.

I have a CRT myself only because i havent bought a computer in 7 years. But i am definitely getting a LCD in my next build in the summer.
I like LCD because 1, as mentioned earlier, ur eyes dont bleed. 2) on another thread ppl were saying that CRTs heat ur room, 3) some of the good ones look so **** sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom