Final Build Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjamonkey

Baseband Member
I have $1500 budget. This must include a monitor, speakers, keyboard, etc... Now onto the components:
CPU - AMD 64 3700+

Motherboard - Msi k8N Neo4 Plat (I was also thinking about getting the Abit KN8 model, also i don't want to get dfi)

RAM - Gskill Extreme Series (2x1gb)

HD - Seagate Barracuda 250gb 7200 ata150

Case + PSU - Antect Sonata II Piano (450w smart power)

DVD Burner - LG E-IDE / ATAPI 16x DVD+R

Monitor - Viewsonic 17in LCD (Here is where I think I need the most help. I am pretty clueless at what makes a good lcd monitor, so any advice is welcome)

Speakers - Logitech x-230 32 watt 2.1 speaker

GPU - Evga 7900gt (since evga isnt in stock at newegg... I will probably go with msi if they are they only brand in stock when I order.)

Floppy - Doesnt really matter

Input Devices - Logitech Mouse and Keyboard

Misc - Artic Silver 5 cooling Compound
A couple of fans - dont know which yet (input appreciated)

Ok the only things i have to say is that i would go with an opty 146 and a DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D and overclock with a zalman CNPS9500 but the 3700+ will be just fine if you dont want to overclock. and if you decide to overclock the RAM you have will work just fine, i recall PZERO getting 270 FSB with that RAM so it has good overclocking capabilities.

Oh and the PSU should be good it has a total of 32A on the 12v rails and antec is a great company for both cases and PSUs.

Yes yes yes, get the opty even if you arent oc'ing as it is better then the san diego :).

Any case fans are fine, unless yuo want some quiet ones.

I've added all the stuff up on newegg... with windows and fans the total shipped comes out to just over 1600. Where would be the best place to cut back?

Looks good. But, newegg is the cheapest place on the web. Any cheaper and you would be buying from 3rd rate unreliable companies. lol.

Newegg #1!

I wasn't asking for another place to order from :), I was asking what components should I get that are cheaper... Ex: 6800gs instead of 7900gt.

Go with the Opty definitely, and the eVGA or XFX 7900GT. If they don't have the brand you want, wait a week or so. Patience is a virtue and will pay off.

Ya, i decided to wait for the evga 7900gt, but i was reading on evga's site that the min. powersupply should be 450watts. The one that I'm getting is cutting it real close :). As for opty, I'm thinking about it, but still leaning towards the 3700+. I am thinking of maybe cutting back to valueselect ram to try and get within my budget also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom